Sunday, July 11, 2010


Day Twenty: Spent the night in Massey, and it turned out to be a great day for riding. Hot but not humid or windy, and for once a great stretch of hwy uninterupted by road work.

Also a perk, the bike was still clean and I didn't have to spent the usual 2 hrs going over it. So far bugs are not a problem, hope that continues. What I could really use is a couple more "buffs", (the multi-purpose tube-scarf runners use to cover their faces in winter). It is promoted as having 12 different uses, wraps the neck, head, face, hairband depending on how you adjust it. I can add a 13th, I need one to stuff under each leg of my shorts to drap over my knees and keep the sun off...am getting an incredible suntan(burn?).

I passed (yes passed- do you know how slow horses are?) a Mennonite family in a cart along the highway to the delight of the kids who cheered "the race". I thought they looked pretty cool too. Made it to Sault Ste. Marie in a relatively pain free day.

208 kms-8hrs 50 minutes-3,035 kms total. (in another 3 days I'll be at half the total distance about 3,500kms).

1 comment:

  1. Years ago there used to be a marathon in Massey - not sure if it is still going on. The first prize was a hand-carved milking stool.

    ReplyDelete