Tuesday, July 13, 2010






Another big day... 195k in 8 hrs 57 mins... but it seemed "easy" after the last couple of days. Get this... the marathon runner, on a marathon bike ride has arrived in the town of Marathon... and the only room available is a smoking room!!!



Anyway, it's one of those rare times I've found a computer where the USB port isn't disabled, so I can update some pics. I especially like the one with the road they named in my honour... sadly it was going the wrong way, so I had to bypass it and stay on the TransCanada.


I met yet another cyclist going the other way and actually got a pic with me in it... Lake Superior in the background.

And I just had to take the depressing pic with all the kms to various points... I think they must be measured as the crow flies... but it still makes the point... it's a long way to go!

Despite the long days (what else do I have to do though?)... the legs are good and seem to get stronger as I go.


Thought for the day... You know those highway signs that indicate a passing lane ahead... the ones we love as drivers, so we can finally pass the donkey in front of us? Well, I've come to dread the sight of them as a cyclist because they mean only one thing... another sick hill to climb... and there are a lot of those signs in northern Ontario!!!

Totals to date... 3,465km in 170hrs and 36 mins of pedaling.

By the way... if anyone is interested, I went through the home of Winnie the Pooh today... White River... If you don't know the story, google it... and appropriately, I even saw a bear by the road today... he didn't seem interested in me though... I guess there's not enough meat left on these bones!

1 comment:

  1. Silly old bear... :)
    You're doing great Brian!! Eat up!! There's gotta be some home baking stands along the way with some butter tarts or something.
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete