Monday, July 19, 2010


Monday July 19-B hits Winnipeg around 2pm. Its exciting because it feels like passing an emotional barrier, that somehow hitting Winnipeg means its all easy from here.

No more bugs, tents, empty motels and snack food for dinner. The only thing he'll miss about crossing northern Ontario is the spectacular scenery, and the girls softball team he watched the World Cup game with one night. He was so starved for company he didn't mind them talking over the game and all the random unprompted giggling.

1 comment:

  1. Hi brian
    You used to be the only person I knew that watched the tour de frace. A new guy at work won the nova scotia road race a few years back, he did not do so well at the nationals, Ontario and quebec riders were too fast. anyway he tapes the tour and has asked us not to mention results (an easy request to keep as noone else watches it) He leaves work all excited each day talking about ryder, lance etc...
    Yesterday on my ride home from work I had nasty headwinds and it was like I was out there with Brian. We were neck and neck battling the elements. Then I turned a corner, got a tail wind and pulled into the lead and won the day. I celebrated with a banana choc muffin. The next time I get a headwind on my ride, I will let you know how you do. Now I have to go out and work on building a stone fence, so yu might be winning in the home upgrade race.
    Barry

    ReplyDelete