Wednesday, July 21, 2010

After my 3rd straight 200+k day yesterday (206 to be exact) to get to Virden, I'm off to a quick start today... only 10am and I've already crossed into Saskatchewan... stopped at the tourist info place (yet another computer though with the usb port disabled, so no pic)... It's so nice to have put the lousy roads of Manitoba behind me and it was worth the effort for those long days.

Not sure how many more big days I have in the legs though... Contrary to popular opinion, the prairies are not flat... especially going west. Even when the road seems flat, your legs tell you that you are slowly creeping uphill towards the rockies... and I'm feeling it. It's getting harder and harder to get back on the bike each morning.

Still, I'm past the 2/3 mark and it is beginning to feel like I can really do this. Time to get back on the bike though... lots of kms still to go today and it is a beautiful day for riding... winds are light (so far)... and the sun is shining after finishing in the rain yesterday.

P.S. Lesley... I love any flavour, but if you can do chocolate-orange, Carmel is out and you're in!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job Mr. Eley.

    I look forward to your posts each day and more importantly your progress. Almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ride the winds, oh prairie schooner. I do empathize with the saddle sores; I still have the scars from my desert adventure in June (sorry ladies....too much information?). But as Lance says: pain is temporary. You ARE doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange with chocolate icing, or chocolate with orange icing? Or both?

    How bout this... I'll teach Carmel to make them! ;)

    ReplyDelete