Saturday, June 12, 2010

1 Week to go...

Finally! After all the planning and training, it's just one week until the start and like a kid waiting for Christmas, it won't pass quick enough. It's worse than the week before a marathon in my old racing days. Even Carmel can't wait for me to be out of here. I'm antsy and irritable, and every little thing bugs me. I'm fussing and fretting over stupid details that I've been over a hundred times already. I just want to get on with it now... to finally be on the road and making some progress towards my goal. From past adventures I know that once I'm underway, all the stress and anxiety will disappear... replaced by the physical grind and the excitement of each day's new challenges... But for one more week, I'm still going to be a big grump!

1 comment:

  1. Are you still here?, Oh we thought you were gone already a week or, I was expecting you to be rolling through town by now. We're expecting big things from you like a new record for single rider crossing the country alone. Good luck, ride safe, keep that Greyhound bus schedule handy!

    ReplyDelete